13 Feb Argentinian Estate Probate Lawyers
Argentinian Estate Probate Lawyers
What Does a Probate Lawyer Do?
A probate lawyer, also known as an estate lawyer or an estate attorney, is responsible for taking a Personal Representative through the entire probate process from start to finish. All of the steps involved in probating an estate depend on the probate laws of the state where the decedent lived at the time of death as well as any other states where the decedent owned real estate.
The steps required for probate will differ based on whether the decedent died testate, meaning with a valid Last Will and Testament, or intestate, meaning without a valid Last Will and Testament. Therefore, the probate lawyer must be well versed in the probate laws of the provinces where the lawyer is licensed to practice.
Note that a probate lawyer can also be hired to advise the beneficiary of an estate on legal and other matters presented to the beneficiary by the Personal Representative during the course of the probate process. This can happen if the beneficiary doesn’t get along with or know the Personal Representative very well.
Argentinian Estate Probate Lawyers
Also note that some probate lawyers specialize in representing Personal Representatives and beneficiaries of an estate who become involved in separate lawsuits related to the decedent’s estate or when a beneficiary challenges the validity of the decedent’s Last Will and Testament through a will contest. These types of attorneys are known as estate litigators, probate litigators, or estate and trust litigators.
All these questions can be answered by a qualified Estate Probate Attorney.
For further questions, please e-mail us at [email protected]
+1 (888) 227-7944 (TOLL-FREE IN THE USA)
(USA) +1 (617) 610-2156 – Mobile in ARG: +54 (911) 4162-0021 – Argentine Lawyers are available 24/7/365 at these phone numbers above.
If calling our Argentine phone number from a foreign country, please dial:
+54 (11) 5263-3262
If your matter is urgent and you need to discuss your case immediately with a lawyer, please dial:
+54 (11) 3221-4468
If sending a Fax from abroad to Argentina please dial the following number:
+54 (11) 3221-2100 (Ext. 4468)
If you would prefer to call us at our U.S. number, please dial:
Toll-Free Fax Number in the USA:+1 (866) 907-8712
CALLE DEL CAMINANTE 30
FLOORS 4 & 5
NORDELTA, TIGRE 1670
PROVINCIA DE BUENOS AIRES
REPUBLICA ARGENTINAAND/ORAVE. SANTA FE 2679 – PB
RECOLETA – CABA 1425
How a Probate Lawyer Advises and Assists a Personal Representative
When representing the Personal Representative of an estate, the probate lawyer will advise and assist with the following:
- Locating and securing both probate assets and non-probate assets
- Obtaining date of death values and appraisals of all of the decedent’s property
- Preparing and filing all documents required by the probate court in a timely manner
- Collecting life insurance proceeds
- Rolling over and making appropriate elections with regard to retirement plans, including IRAs and 401(k)s
- Advising on the payment of the decedent’s final bills and outstanding debts
- Keeping track of the estate checking account
- Determining if any estate taxes and/or inheritance taxes will be due at the federal and state levels, and, if so, then figuring out where the cash will come from to pay the taxes
- Addressing income tax issues
- Settling disputes among Personal Representatives and beneficiaries
- Assisting with the sale of estate property
- Requesting court permission for various actions as required by applicable state probate laws
- Retitling the decedent’s real estate into the names of the estate beneficiaries if it is not being sold
- Distributing what’s left of the decedent’s assets after the payment of bills and taxes to the beneficiaries